Please note as per Methodist Church recommendation most worship services in Methodist Churches were suspended for the time being in line with Government guidance during the coronavirus outbreak. We will inform you of our return to worship in our church buildings as and when restrictions are lifted.
See This Week's Service page for this Sunday's home worship.
RE-STARTING SUNDAY SERVICES AT TEMPLE FROM 20TH SEPTEMBER
Further to my letter to you a week or so ago, we have continued to offer the midweek service, and those who have come have found it to be a reasonably satisfactory experience, in spite of the restrictions - it has been good to be together.
Thorough preparations have been continuing for Sunday services, and the Church Council is reviewing our plans. If all are in agreement, we shall be offering a Sunday service on 20th September, at 2.30pm, which will take the form of a Thanksgiving Service. (You will appreciate that we are not able to hold a Harvest Festival this year.)
So that you know what to expect when you first come to church, here is what we hope is a helpful, and not too off-putting guide!
• With careful distancing measures, we are able to accommodate between 35 and 45 people, depending on family groups, and so we shall need to ask that you register your interest for the service by telephoning Joanna (275765) or Deborah (334854) by 6pm on Saturday evening. When you tell us you would like to come, please ensure that we have an up to date phone number for the NHS Test and Trace record. The record sheet will be retained for 3 weeks, and then securely destroyed in line with Data Protection.
• The service will start at 2.30pm. Please arrive at the main door of the church between 2.15 and 2.30, maintaining social distancing of 2 metres from others who may be waiting to enter. A steward will be nearby to welcome you and invite you to enter.
• We need to wear a face covering during the time we are in church.
• In the vestibule a steward will guide you to sanitise your hands and request you to proceed directly into the sanctuary, where another steward will guide you to a seat.
• Those in the same household may sit together of course. The service sheets will serve as a guide to the spaced seating.
• We know that we are not able to sing, however there will definitely be music!
• Please remain in your seat after the service until you are requested to leave in turn - no after service refreshments just yet!
• We will sanitise hands on the way out, and continue to maintain 2 metre distancing.
• An offering plate will be just inside the sanctuary door for you to use if you wish on the way in or out.
• There will be a toilet available for our time together, and the stewards will guide you.
There may be other questions you want to ask, and please do speak to Deborah (334854) if you wish.
We shall be glad to see you when you come, but please do be reassured that there is no expectation or pressure for anyone to attend if they are in the vulnerable categories or until they feel comfortable and confident to do so.
Autumn Thanksgiving Service on the afternoon of Sunday 20th September at Temple:
The preacher will be Deborah and the service will be at 2:30 pm. Details including how to book can be found here. Numbers are limited to 45, face masks must be worn in line with current government guidelines, no congregational singing is allowed, and no refreshments will be served.
Midweek Service on Wednesday 23rd September at Temple:
The preacher for this week is Rev. Tony Cox. Doors open at 10.50 am. Coffee, tea and biscuits served in the hall on arrival. Service 11:15 - 11:35 am.
Please contact Tony Bell if you wish to attend.
Sunday Service on Sunday 27th September at Temple:
The service will be led by Hazel Jordan & Tony Bell and will start at 2:30 pm. Details including how to book can be found here. Please contact Joanna Rossiter or Liz Hartley. Numbers are limited to 45, face masks must be worn in line with current government guidelines, no congregational singing is allowed, and no refreshments will be served.