Please note as per Methodist Church recommendation some worship services at Temple have been suspended or are restricted, operating in line with Government guidance during the coronavirus outbreak.
See This Week's Service page for this Sunday's home worship.
THE LATEST GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCEMENT MEANS THAT UNFORTUNATELY WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HOLD SERVICES IN OUR CHURCHES FROM 5TH NOVEMBER TO 2ND DECEMBER - WE WILL CONTINUE WITH THE STREAMED SERVICE AND ZOOM SERVICE EACH SUNDAY, AND SERVICES WILL RESUME FROM SUNDAY 6TH DECEMBER
RETURNING TO SUNDAY SERVICES AT TEMPLE
So that you know what to expect when you first come to church, here is what we hope is a helpful, and not too off-putting guide!
• With careful distancing measures, we are able to accommodate between 35 and 45 people, depending on family groups, and so we shall need to ask that you register your interest for the service by telephoning Joanna (275765) or Deborah (334854) by 6pm on Saturday evening. When you tell us you would like to come, please ensure that we have an up to date phone number for the NHS Test and Trace record. The record sheet will be retained for 3 weeks, and then securely destroyed in line with Data Protection.
• The service will start at 10:30am. Please arrive at the main door of the church between 10:15 and 10:30, maintaining social distancing of 2 metres from others who may be waiting to enter. A steward will be nearby to welcome you and invite you to enter.
• We need to wear a face covering during the time we are in church.
• In the vestibule a steward will guide you to sanitise your hands and request you to proceed directly into the sanctuary, where another steward will guide you to a seat.
• Those in the same household may sit together of course. The service sheets will serve as a guide to the spaced seating.
• We know that we are not able to sing, however there will definitely be music!
• Please remain in your seat after the service until you are requested to leave in turn - no after service refreshments just yet!
• We will sanitise hands on the way out, and continue to maintain 2 metre distancing.
• An offering plate will be just inside the sanctuary door for you to use if you wish on the way in or out.
• There will be a toilet available for our time together, and the stewards will guide you.
There may be other questions you want to ask, and please do speak to Deborah (334854) if you wish.
We shall be glad to see you when you come, but please do be reassured that there is no expectation or pressure for anyone to attend if they are in the vulnerable categories or until they feel comfortable and confident to do so.
Midweek Service on Wednesday 2nd December at Temple:
The preacher for this week Rev Chris Brown open at 10:50 am. Coffee, tea and biscuits served in the hall on arrival. Service 11:15 - 11:35 am. Please wear a face covering.
Please contact Tony Bell if you wish to attend.
Holy Communion Sunday 6th December at Temple:
The service will be led by Rev Deborah Kirk and will start at 10:30 am. Details including how to book can be found here. Please contact Joanna Rossiter or Liz Hartley. Numbers are limited to 45, face masks must be worn in line with current government guidelines, no congregational singing is allowed, and no refreshments will be served. The order of service can be found here.
Upcoming Sunday Services at Temple:
Sunday 6th December, 10:30 am: Rev Deborah Kirk - Holy Communion
Sunday 13th December, 10:30 am: Rev Peter Thomas
Sunday 20th December, 10:30 am: Local Arrangement
Thursday 24th December, 11:30 pm: Rev Deborah Kirk - Holy Communion
Friday 25th December, 10:30 am: Rev Deborah Kirk - Christmas
Sunday 27th December, 10:30 am: Rev Chris Brown