Please note as per Methodist Church recommendation some worship services at Temple have been suspended or are restricted, operating in line with Government guidance during the coronavirus outbreak.
See This Week's Services page for this Sunday's home worship.
RETURNING TO SUNDAY SERVICES AT TEMPLE
So that you know what to expect when you first come to church, here is what we hope is a helpful, and not too off-putting guide!
• With careful distancing measures, we are able to accommodate between 35 and 45 people, depending on family groups, and so we shall need to ask that you register your interest for the service by telephoning/contacting Joanna, Liz, or Deborah by 6pm on Saturday evening. When you tell us you would like to come, please ensure that we have an up to date phone number for the NHS Test and Trace record. The record sheet will be retained for 3 weeks, and then securely destroyed in line with Data Protection.
• The service will start at 10:30am. Please arrive at the main door of the church between 10:15 and 10:30, maintaining social distancing of 2 metres from others who may be waiting to enter. A steward will be nearby to welcome you and invite you to enter.
• We need to wear a face covering during the time we are in church.
• In the vestibule a steward will guide you to sanitise your hands and request you to proceed directly into the sanctuary, where another steward will guide you to a seat.
• Those in the same household may sit together of course. The service sheets will serve as a guide to the spaced seating.
• We know that we are not able to sing, however there will definitely be music!
• Please remain in your seat after the service until you are requested to leave in turn - no after service refreshments just yet!
• We will sanitise hands on the way out, and continue to maintain 2 metre distancing.
• An offering plate will be just inside the sanctuary door for you to use if you wish on the way in or out.
• There will be a toilet available for our time together, and the stewards will guide you.
There may be other questions you want to ask, and please do speak to Deborah (334854) if you wish.
We shall be glad to see you when you come, but please do be reassured that there is no expectation or pressure for anyone to attend if they are in the vulnerable categories or until they feel comfortable and confident to do so.
Upcoming Services at Temple
Weekly Sunday Worship
Sunday 20th June at 10:30am
Morning Worship led by Rev Peter Thomas
Sunday 27th June at 10:30am - Church Anniversary
Morning Worship led by Rev Robin Hutt
Sunday 4th July at 10:30am
Holy Communion led by Rev Deborah Kirk
Sunday 11th July at 10:30am - Action for Children Sunday
Morning Worship led by Jennie Sleep
Also Midweek Service every Wednesday at 11:15am in the hall
As before, hand sanitiser, masks, no singing, social distancing and no drinks! But plenty of spiritual food.
No need to book if you have attended last year but everyone else is also very welcome and can book in with either Tony Bell or Joanna Rossiter